my media consumption.

Newspaper

Q:Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?

A: I don't really read any daily newspaper but I get my sources from everyone else talking about something that has happened or I sometimes stumble upon news posted on social media.

Q:What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?

A:I don't really turn to any section of newspaper and when i do read a newspaper i just flick through it.

Q:What sections do you never read, and why?

A: If there's any sections that I do not like to read it's news about celebrities because I just find it boring.

Q:What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?

A: I don't read any specific stories, I just flick through the news and if anything interesting pops up, I read it.

Q:Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?

A: I don't read newspapers but my mom and dad do but they only read newspapers that are free for the public such as metro.

Q:Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?

A: nope, not really, I just look at news on social media or newspapers found on the train/bus.

Magazine

Q:What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why?

A: The last time I think I read any magazine was when i was 12 or 11.

Q:What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
A: I literally know nothing about magazines.

Television

Q:Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?

A: well I mostly watch youtube videos and pretty much use the television to cast from my phone onto to the TV to watch youtube videos.

Q:What times of day do you usually watch television?

A: I usually watch on the tv when I come home from school (around 3-5) and go on youtube. 

Q:What programmes do you like best and why?

A:I like to watch comedy skits or shows on youtube because they make me laugh.

Q: do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?    

A: I watch alone.

Q:do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)

A: I use my laptop to watch videos on youtube.

Radio

Q:Do you listen to the radio?

A: I don't even own a radio.


Cinema

Q: What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?

A: In the last few months, I have seen Get Out.

Q: What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?

A: I haven't seen many films many films recently but i used to watch on netflix.

Q:Who else watched the films with you?

A: I used to watch alone.

Q:Who decided what films to watch?

A: Me

Q:What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?

A: I used my tv to watch films on netflix.

Online

Q: How often do you access the internet?

A: I access the internet pretty much everyday and use it at most times for at least 3 hours.

Q:Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?

A: I access the internet mostly at home.

Q:What are the main sites that you access?

A: Mainly youtube and instagram.

Q:What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?

A: I mainly use the internet for entertainment and to communicate with friends.

Q:What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?

A: I play games on the internet.

Q:What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?

A: My primary device is my laptop.

Q:What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?

A: The main social network i use is instagram because its where i can access memes.

Reflection

Q:How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?

A: I can develop the amount and variety of media I consume by going on the internet more and accessing more social networks.

Q:What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
A: I will most likely use youtube more as a result of studying A level media.

Q:List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.

A: i'll see what I have started to use more that I didn't use previously at the end of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mise en scene analysis.

Editing: blog task

Editing video task and learner response